Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Two More Weeks!

Well, only two more weeks to go! I've been going through our list and checking things off - we have passports & visas, new money, copies of dossier, copies of taxes, new power of attorney, tickets and itinerary for inside and outside China travel, medicine, I signed up for Skype and hooked up our microphone - so now we are just waiting for an addendum to our homestudy to take with us and a couple cases of cleft bottles that we are taking for Love Without Boundaries. I have started packing. I think I will pack up my carry on backpack first - I can put a couple changes of clothes for both Bailey & me in packmates and have them with us in case anything happens to our luggage. We have always had good luck and I am sure we will this time too - especially since we are going direct from LA to Beijing. Not alot of places to lose our luggage!
Bailey is starting to get excited about traveling to China. I will go see her teacher next week and get her a file of homework to take with us. I think I will go to Walmart this weekend and see about getting Bailey & Emma a couple of cheap digital cameras. That way they can take their own pictures and we won't have to develop a bunch of bad pictures - can just download them onto the laptop and pick out which ones they like best to send for copies.

1 comment:

Darla said...

JANICE,
I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOW YOU MUST BE FEELING... HOW DO YOU SLEEP, WORK OR THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE BUT HOLDING THAT LITTLE GIRL IN YOUR ARMS... YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THE COUNTDOWN.. HAVE A GREAT DAY