Saturday, April 14, 2007

Parenthood

Great quote from the movie Parenthood: [Gil has been complaining about his complicated life; Grandma wanders into the room]
Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.
Gil: Oh?
Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!
Gil: What a great story.
Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.
This just kind of sums up how we are feeling right now - frightened, scared, sick, excited and totally thrilled!! Oh what a ride this whole parenthood thing is and here we go again!!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Janice,
This is old hat for you... Hang in there everythings going to be just fine....