Tuesday, April 24, 2007

One Week To Go!

Well, just a week to go! We got our addendum to our homestudy yesterday - all our paperwork is done and waiting by the door. I started packing tonight & should have my carryon bag all put together tomorrow. Now we are just waiting for a couple of boxes of blankets that we are taking for Love Without Boundaries and Angel Covers - the 2 cases of cleft bottles arrived earlier this week. It seems odd - everything actually seems to be falling together fairly well. I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something vital! Or maybe after doing this 3 times it is getting easier!
I am posting this picture because it has always been something that I have tried to avoid at all costs. Through 3 trips to China, my 12 hour bladder has been good to me and I haven't had to use a squatty potty yet. These will probably prove to be famous last words for this trip. Oh well, what is life without adventure!!!!
Instructions for a squatty - there are places for your feet on each side, you squat facing the raised portion and the wire basket is for the paper - Chinese plumbing can't handle tp - also notice that there is no tp - you have to bring your own!

3 comments:

Darla said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! WHO EVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT....

Unknown said...

I have a new prayer on my list for you - to go right behind safe travels, sppedy paperwork, a beautiful first day with your new precious one - a bladder of steel. Oh my goodness!!

Anonymous said...

Gee Hon, remember the emporer's tomb on Ethan's trip? Ah yes, a hole in the floor and nothing more, and I was glad to have it! Beats Desert Storm any day!

R