Thursday, July 26, 2007

Yes, I'm A Nerd!


I finished Deathly Hallows tonight. We took the kids to the pool - Rod played in the pool with the kids but I sat poolside and finished the book instead. I'm not so bad that I stood in line Friday night to buy the book - I preordered it from Amazon. Only problem was that we have a post office box and the post office is closed on Saturday, when the book was supposed to be delivered. All we got in the box was a notice that we had a package - so I didn't get to start it until Monday. I think it was probably the most satisfying book of the series. I really hope JK Rowling's reconsiders and puts out another book or two about Harry. Just for all us pocket protector wearers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a nerd too! I did get my preordered from Amazon book on Saturday. I finished it by Monday so Joni could read it. I really liked it too.

At least we're not like some who pack their children off to grandma's house so they can spend the first weekend they've had alone in a long time reading a chilren's book and not talking to each other (See Slate Magazine). At least we didn't by multiple copies for one household, like I've read about people doing. At least we're not as nerdy at them!

I have to admit J.K. Rowling is a genius. The first book I bought as a paperback quite some time after to book came out just to see what all the fuss was about( think the second was out on paperback and the third was soon to be on paperback. The second and third books I bought as paperbacks too. The fourth and fifth, I had so steel myself from buying the hardcover, and waited until they were available in the library --then after reading them, I bought the paperbacks. The sixth, I crumbled and bought the hardcover at a store (but didn't wait in line for it), and seventh was preordered. Now I'm wishing my paperbacks were hardcovers, because they're wearing out.

Judi