Friday, July 20, 2007

Big Bug!


A couple of days ago, I had to go get something out of the car after dark. I ran outside, retrieved the paper and when I got back into the house I felt something on my leg. It was stuck there and at first I thought it was one of the kids art projects - they seem to be really into wrapping everything in scotch tape. I reached down to pull it off - grabbed it and started to look at it when all of a sudden it hissed at me!!! I jumped and threw it - then it started to fly around the living room and finally it disappeared. I looked all over for it but didn't find it until the next day - it was just sitting in the doorway to the bathroom. I scooped it up and put it in a jar - where it kept hissing at me! I had no idea what it was and I won't repeat what Ron Jones told Rod it was!!! After a couple of searches on the Internet - it turns out that it is a 10 Striped June Beetle. Evidently it doesn't bite but it sure sounded ferocious.

3 comments:

Aunt Codi said...

Yuck! I am not sure I would have slept until I found it.

Darla said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!
I'm so glad you found it & thank you so much for not repeating what Ron Jones said cuz I overheard that conversation :)

Have a great weekend...

Unknown said...

I also overheard Rod and Ron's conversation, so thanks for sparing us. You are a brave girl - not sure I would have had the guts to catch that thing and put it in a jar. You're the chick!