Monday, May 7, 2007

We Have Emma!




Quite a morning! We had breakfast at 7:30 this morning and at 9:00 were ready for the Civil Affairs Office. When we got there, Emma was waiting for us. Her foster mother was with her and everything went pretty well until she left! Emma tried to run after her and it was pretty much all I could do to hold her. I now have a fat lip and scratches on my neck. She definitely liked the idea of a new mom better than the reality! She has been one sad little girl. Bailey is being very helpful and has even brought her tissues and helped dry her eyes. Each day should get a little easier. I think we will stick pretty close to the room. I don't think she will try to run away as she held my hand really well when we came back to the hotel from the Civil Affairs Office.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see our mei mei, just hope that we can get that smile back on her face. Haven't been able to sleep, 1am again here. Mostly waiting for pictures, and holding out hope that things are going better. Doing the laundry for the boys, got a second coat on the bedroom too. Just need to do the corners, some touch ups and pull the masking tape. I got some paint for the ceiling but the old still looks fine. Think that the paint will go well in the dining room unless you have other plans. Let me know. Not too late for the ceiling thing yet. Miss you gals. Hugs to sissy, kisses to momma, and hugs to mei mei.

R

Darla said...

Janice,
Finally the wait is over... I have tears streaming down my face....
Thank you so much for sharing your adventure... Emma will be fine, everything is just so strange to her right now, I can't imagine what is going thru her mind... and yours.... Best of Luck ....
Darla

Melanie said...

Well, I'd scream too if I had little purple bows stuck to my head ;-)

Love and hugs to everyone~
Melanie & Dave

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I am soo happy to see the two of them getting along, Bailey must be super excited to finally have gotten her sister...Ben and Ethan too. We send our love and best thoughts to you.
Love you all bunches
Jenni