Friday, May 25, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Wiggilty Jig!

Wow! What a relief it is!!! We arrived home last Friday night - about 9 pm. The flights went fairly well - Emma had a little freak out during the last hour of our 13 hour flight from Hong Kong to LA but who wouldn't freak out after sitting in one little area for 13 hours!!! I can now recite the dialogue to the movie "Because I Said So" - I don't know how the airline can offer 20 channels of things to watch and have it all be crap!!!
We had a nice little welcoming party at the airport. Helen & John Preston; Cindy, Hannah & Abby Hays; Ted, Sheila & Lily Warne; and JoAnne, Irv & Levi Bailey. It sure felt good to see everyone and Helen rode 1/2 way home with Marjie to keep her awake.
We tried to get Emma to go to preschool on Monday - but she wasn't having it. She started her wailing cry so I took her out to the babysitters and she cried a little there but decided it wasn't all bad - they have a new puppy! This week has gone fairly well - I finished by fiscal year end stuff at work and we are starting to get caught up on sleep. Seems like anytime I am still for a minute - I fall asleep. Guess jet lag hit me a little harder than usual.
Tomorrow we are going to take Emma to the Tri-Cities to see Marjie again and introduce her to Grandma & Aunt Judy. Jenni & Erika will be there too so it should be lots of fun. We are going to take a picnic to Howard Amon park! Should be great fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"And then, sometime next week, we will take Emma to Wilbur Ellis so everyone at Rod' work can see what a cutie she is." I think I just missed that part of the post!! Good to see you blogging again...