Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Twenty Years Ago




What were you doing twenty years ago? If you were in diapers don't tell me!!! Twenty years ago tonight, my sister Dorothy & I were busily working on a wedding dress. I think Dot stayed up all night working on it. After all, the wedding was the next day and we had only cut it out that afternoon!!!! Ah, the memories!!! We weren't really that bad at planning - I was going to wear Dot's wedding dress but when she got to Moscow we decided that it just didn't look that good on me!!! What else to do but go to the fabric store and start sewing!!! My mom finished hemming the dress on the way to the church in Deary - we were 1/2 hour late for the wedding - everyone was in the church when I got there and Rod had to keep reassuring everyone that I was going to show. Ah yes, the memories!!! I guess if we made it through that wedding we figured we could make it through anything.

3 comments:

Darla said...

OH JANICE,
I LOVED THE PICS!!!!!
HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY... YOU ARE THE BOMB... YOU MADE YOUR WEDDING DRESS THE NIGHT BEFORE... I'D STILL BE TRYING TO THREAD THE NEEDLE....

SEE YA FRIDAY :)

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Good Lord have mercy, what the heck was I thinking? I would have sworn that I NEVER HAD HAIR THAT BIG!

Congratulations you two from two who witnessed the big event!

Love,
Melanie & Dave