Wednesday, August 8, 2007

20th Anniversary

Today is a day to look back over our life together. Its been good. We've had alot of fun - been to some unique and exotic places. I love this quote from Through the Painted Desert by Donald Miller (if I ever get Emma's announcements out - it will be on the back of them). "And so my prayer is that your story will have involved some leaving and some coming home, some summer and some winter.... My hope is your story will be about changing... about learning to love a child... about learning to love others more than we love ourselves... We get one story, you and I, and one story alone. God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and the resolution. It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it? And you will not be alone. You have never been alone. Don't worry. Everything will still be here when you get back. It is you who will have changed." I think that pretty much is the sum of our lives together - we left and came home - weathered summer and winter - we've learned to love deeply and we are still venturing out.
I looked up the traditional wedding gifts for a 20th Anniversary - it's China!!! Looks like we have given ourselves an Anniversary gift that just keeps giving. Wonder what the next 20 years will bring. I do know this, they won't be boring.
Who are these young'uns? Were we really ever that young! And what exactly was that caterpiller doing on Rod's upper lip - and is that a mullet under that veil.

And is he really throwing up into my hand - guess love conquers all!

No comments: