Monday, March 12, 2007

Check Two Things Off The List

Well, two more things to check off our list. Today we received our passports back with our Chinese Visas. If anyone ever needs a courier in the Washington DC area, check out Carol Fredericks at http://www.dependable-acs.com She was very nice and returned all my emails very promptly. Her prices are also the most reasonable I have seen - especially for the Visas. I also went to the pharmacy in Ritzville and got our prescription meds to take with us. I truly felt like a walking pharmacy!!! We have adult antibiotic, kid antibiotic, scabies meds, meds for pink eye, meds for earaches, meds to help us sleep & then I got some applets/cotlets & jelly bellies for a good price. We will take the candy to China to give as gifts to our guides or to orphanage officials or others who help us while we are there. It is kind of expected that adoptive parents will take these gifts. We try not to stress about it as it is just a gesture of good will and not like Christmas! In the past, we have taken things made in Washington and that are rather unique.
Last week I also hit a sale at Walmart and got three bags of hats and gloves to take as an orphanage donation. The hats were $.25 to $.50 and the gloves were two for $.50. Not bad prices and hopefully next winter they will keep some little heads and hands warm. We are also volunteering to take over a big suitcase full of quilts for Angel Covers. If you get a chance, check them at at: http://www.angelcovers.org They do great work helping orphans all over the world.
On another topic, last week the kindergarten class here started having Show and Tell. Bailey took two pictures of Emma and stood up and told her class that this was her little sister Emma. This is really big for Bailey because she tends to get shy in front of people. I was very proud of her. Of course, Ben has no problem doing something like this. In fact, I am kind of scared of what he will drag to school to Show. A couple of weeks ago I found two of my lingerie catalogs in his backpack. He wanted to take them to school to show his friends!!!! Sometimes I wonder if I will make it through the next 12 years!!LOL!!!

No comments: