Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fair




We had a very busy weekend. I am a superintendent for the Spinning, Weaving & Wool division at the fair. That means that I spend much of the week at the fair. We take exhibits in on Wednesday, judge and hang up the display on Thursday and then the rest of the time we usually have at least one person at our display to keep it from walking off and we also have our spinning wheels out to demonstrate. I actually got half a bobbin spun while I was sitting around - also just about finished a sock I have been working on for two years!! The kids entered their creature features and some seed pictures that they did for Junior Grange. We really need to get busy next year and put in some more entries. Oh, I entered a pair of handfelted ornaments that I made. I won best of class for them - there were only two entries but the other felted article was from Marie Gettmann - a nationally known fiber talent - so I actually felt like it was an accomplishment!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful display, great job superintendant! Congrats on outplacing Marie, I'd take that any day, too.

Darla said...

Way to go Janice..... It's awesome that you let the kids enter things.. Where do you find the time...