Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday Musings

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort. -Herm Albright
Hmm...very thought provoking!!!

Count down to the beach is on - 4 more days. The kids are getting excited. This year we are going to Newport, OR. So if anyone knows of some cool stuff to see and do around Newport - let us know.
I've been thinking that I need to get back into the swing of planning out meals and doing freezer sessions. I just sent for Shaleen Wilding's cookbook - here is her website: Wilding Family
I don't think I will ever be on the same level as she is - but it would be nice to get a month's worth of meals in the freezer again. Actually, I should probably start out with a pantry challenge and see how long I can go by just using what is in the freezer & cupboards. I think there are some things in the bottom of the freezer that are older than our children!!! This should be fun!!!LOL!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed Newport's aquarium... see aquarium.org. Our kids like to collect those pressed penny souveniers you get out of the machine. The aquarium has several designs to choose from.

Judi

Aunt Codi said...

Someone told me recently that OSU marine site next to the aquarium is awesome also, and doesn't cost anything. I also enjoy going to the different lighthouses in the area. My favorite place to shop is the big craft and antique store on the highway, cheap souvenirs! There is a recreation center also owned by the city. When I take high schoolers they go their a couple of times a day. Not sure what they have for little ones however. Favorite beach is the one at Nye. Lots of beach, few people. Make sure you check out the house! Have fun. We will be thinking of you with jealousy and envy!