Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blast From The Past


I sorted through the kids' books last month and gave them to Emma's teacher to use for her classroom, for her young son or to see if anyone else at school might like them. Mrs. Steinberger sent this photo home with Emma. Evidently it was in one of the books that we gave away. Wow! It is a photo of the last time that all of my brothers and sisters were together. The year was 1982. It was shortly before my father died - I was a senior in high school. From left to right: Tom, Janice, Helen, Susan, Dan (in back), Marjie, Judy & Dorothy.
Now, compare that to this one. It is the first picture of all of my brothers and sisters together. It was in 1964! From left to right in back row: Susan, Judy, Helen, Marjie - holding Janice. Front Row: Dorothy, Dan & Tom. I was just a couple of months old, my sister Helen had been married for a year!

No comments: