Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Still Waiting


This photo was taken during our beach vacation last summer. Doesn't it just look like someone is missing from this photo!!We are currently on something like day 83 of our wait - 83 days since our dossier was logged in to the CCAA in Beijing. Of course it is something like day 200 since we first saw Emma!!!!! I found a poem that I think pretty much sums up how we are currently feeling.

KISSES IN THE WIND
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night
--Unknown

1 comment:

Darla said...

Janice,
I love reading your blog, so glad Rod gave me the address. My heart goes out to you. You will have your little girl soon.
Darla